The National Labor Exchange, often referred to as the NLx, is an unprecedented public-private partnership between DirectEmployers Association (DE) and the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA). But what exactly does that mean, and how does it benefit both job seekers and employers? Watch this episode of The Employment Line to learn more:
Key Takeaways About the NLx:
- Formed in 2007 when America’s Job Bank was taken offline, leaving a void for federal contractors regarding their federal compliance obligations.
- Leverages DirectEmployers’ non-profit-owned technology and existing state workforce agency resources to connect job seekers and employers while ensuring compliance with federal VEVRAA regulations.
- Through US.jobs, NLx is the prime source of delivery for quality, vetted jobs to state job banks and to our nation’s veterans’ representatives daily.
- 340,000 employers currently participating of all sizes and industries – both Members and non-Members of DirectEmployers Association.
- 1.7 million job postings currently on US.jobs (the NLx search engine) with feeds that are refreshed daily to ensure the freshest job content available.
- Employers and state workforce representatives, along with NASWA and DirectEmployers Staff, direct the activities of the NLx partnership via the NLx Operations Committee.
- NASWA and DirectEmployers Association recently extended the partnership contract through 2027, adding stability to the service.
What sites benefit from the NLx partnership?
- VJB / eBenefits – A new Veterans job bank created for the Veterans Administration (VA), Department of Defense (DOD) and the Department of Labor (DOL).
- WRP – a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private sector employers with college students and recent graduates with disabilities. DirectEmployers provides all Member’s jobs to www.wrp.jobs
The NLx also provides an API for job content to the following Federal Partners:
- American Job Center (USDOL)
- CareerOneStop (USDOL/ETA)
- eBenefits Employment Center Veterans Job Bank
- Hero 2 Hired (H2H)
- My Next Move (USDOL/ETA)
- My Next Move for Veterans (USDOL/ETA)
- My Skills My Future (USDOL/ETA)
- US Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s HIRING OUR HEROES’ Fast Track tool
Have a partnership suggestion for the NLx? Contact your Membership Development Representative or comment below.