DirectEmployers Association officially kicked off its new Recruitment Regulatory Compliance Committee (RRCC) with its first meeting held on October 6, 2010, at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Association’s 2010 Annual Meeting and Conference followed October 7th and 8th.
In mid-April of this year at the DirectEmployers Association’s Board of Directors meeting in Washington, D.C., the Board approved the creation of a new compliance committee. Jason Capili of PricewaterhouseCoopers, Susan Miller of Qwest Communications, Annette Rosta of KPMG and Jolene Jefferies of DirectEmployers Association formed a core working group to develop a charter for the new compliance committee, calling it the Recruitment Regulatory Compliance Committee (RRCC). The RRCC’s Charter was approved by the Board at the end of July.
The primary purpose of the RRCC is to assist the Board in overseeing DirectEmployers’ recruitment compliance services and related programs as follows:
1. The RRCC will help to educate, inform, and update employer members about government contracting compliance and employment-related laws and regulations affecting recruitment and sourcing practices.
2. The RRCC will serve as the primary liaison to educate and communicate DirectEmployers’ member companies’ needs and perspectives to the various regulatory authorities.
3. The RRCC will assist in tracking proposed changes in compliance legislation, and will alert and advise the Board concerning the possible effects of impending changes in government contract compliance laws and employment regulations and the potential impact on DirectEmployers’ member companies to recruit and source effectively.
4. The RRCC will make recommendations to the Board regarding the compliance services and related programs offered by DirectEmployers Association to help us remain on the cutting-edge as the leading provider of said services.
5. The RRCC will research and share information about speaking opportunities at various conferences and events to further educate all employers, regulatory authorities, state workforce agencies, the military and other stakeholders about DirectEmployers’ compliance services and related programs.
Following approval of the RRCC Charter by the Board, a Call for RRCC Committee Members was sent to all members of DirectEmployers Association. Our members responded with a tremendous interest in the new RRCC and its purpose. We are pleased and excited to announce the charter members of the new RRCC:
- Jason Capili, Chair of RRCC, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Sr. Manager, AA and EEO Compliance
- Jolene Jefferies, Co-Chair of RRCC, DirectEmployers Association, VP of Strategic Initiatives
- Cynthia Collver, BAE Systems, Director, HR Compliance and Diversity
- Annie Livingston, Bayer, Director, Center of Expertise, U.S. Recruiting
- Romy Roth, Bell Helicopter/Textron, HR Compliance Analyst
- Shannon Freeze-Flory, Dupont, Manager, Recruitment and Selection
- Bethann Weaver, Eli Lilly and Company, Team Leader, Operations and Compliance
- Cecelia Brinke, Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold, Inc., Manager, Strategic Staffing
- Mary Tucker, General Dynamics Land Systems, Manager, Workforce Effectiveness and EEO
- Sherry Moncrief, J.B. Hunt Transport, VP Personnel
- Annette Rosta, KPMG, Area Manager, Recruiting Compliance
- Brandy Ellis, Level 3 Communications, Senior Sales Recruiter
- Dorothy Belcher, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Director, Talent Acquisition Compliance
- Claire Morse, ManTech International, Exec. Dir EEO, Employee Relations & Diversity
- Nita Beecher, Mercer, Leader, Workplace Compliance and ELLG
- Pam Gerassimides, Nat’l Assn of State Workforce Agencies, Asst Exec Director and NLX Director
- Marie Radcliff, Pitney Bowes, Director, HR Regulatory Compliance
- Melanie DiBaggio, PNC Bank, AVP, Recruiting Manager Talent Acquisition
- Susan Miller, Qwest Communications, Manager, Staffing Operations
- Evelyn Miller, Raytheon Company, Manager of HR, Employee Relations and Compliance
- Ed Johnson, Seaboard Foods – Daily’s Premium Meats, HR and Safety Manager
- Glen Johnson, Siemens Corporation, Sr. Dir., Global Shared Services NA – Recruiting and Staffing
- Christopher Collier, Southern Company, Director, Talent Acquisition
- Rosemary Cox, The Huntington National Bank, HR Recruitment and EEO Manager
- Denise Isamah, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., EEO Compliance Manager
- Angie Grilliot, UnitedHealth Group, Director, Recruitment Operations
- Sunita Mahmood, Waste Management, Inc., EEO/AA Compliance Manager
- Julie O’Hara-Harvey, Wells Fargo, AA/EEO Compliance Consultant
Congratulations! The new RRCC is looking forward to making a difference as we work together on this important initiative. If you should have any questions about the RRCC, please contact us at DirectEmployers Association.